Whether you’re looking to attract new customers, educate the old ones, or just explain how your products and services work, an explainer video is an excellent choice for your video digital marketing needs. These are quick, straight-to-the-point productions that are very effective in converting prospects to customers, and help to brand your company. If you’re thinking about adding an animated video to your arsenal of marketing tools, here are five good reasons to get started now.
Powerful Sales Tool for Marketing
Explainer videos are very powerful marketing tools for several reasons. One reason is that prospects are able to view them day or night. When the production is posted to your website or social channel, it has the potential to literally attract customers 24/7. This beats any traditional form of marketing by a long shot. It’s a hands-off method that pays for itself many times over.
Email marketing with an explainer video is also highly effective and a very popular form of digital marketing. Prospects are more likely to watch your video than read a long article explaining your products and services, and marketers around the globe have caught on to these trends.
- 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.(Adobe)
- 76% of marketers plan to increase their use of YouTube and video marketing. (Social Media Examiner via Envisia)
People Actually Prefer Watching Video
When it comes to online activities, watching video is at the top of the list for both consumers and professionals. This is definitely a benefit to your business because with your explainer video, you have the opportunity to connect with both customers and prospects on a deeper level. This is where a professional script is golden. Your explainer video should hit some emotional points for viewers (humor, etc), as well as show why you’re the best option for them.
- Visitors spend 100% more of their time on pages that contain video. (Marketingsherpa)
- 59% of senior executives prefer video over text. (Brainshark)
- 90% of consumers watch online video. (Media Post)
- Video accounts for 52% of all mobile traffic. (eMarketer)
Simplified Communication of Products and Services
Depending on the business you’re in, it can be difficult to communicate the benefits of using your products and services. An explainer video takes the hassle out of answering the same questions from clients and prospects, and highlights all the necessary information in a neat, attractive video package. This not only works well for businesses that want to explain how their services work, but also for companies that want to answer FAQ’s from current customers. Explainer videos can be used to both attract and educate customers.
- 73% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase after watching videos that explain a product or service. (Animoto)
- 1 in 4 shoppers say they’ve used YouTube to search for a video related to a product they’re considering. (Google)
Improve Conversion Rates
Studies have shown that video presentations convert at a much higher rate than other forms of marketing. One main reason for this is because explainer videos are easy to digest (quick and to the point), entertaining and very targeted. Keeping your target customer in mind, you have the ability to create a video that is custom to their particular needs and desires. This includes everything from the way that they talk, to the issues that drive them to watch your video in the first place. Your conversion rates can skyrocket with a highly targeted video.
- Using the word video in an email subject line increases click through rates by 65%. (Hubspot)
- 71 percent of marketers said their video content’s conversion performance was either somewhat or much better compared to other types of marketing content. (Marketing Land)
Improve Search Engine Optimization
Explainer videos can definitely give you a boost in search engine optimization (SEO) for the keywords that your business targets. With Youtube officially listed as the second largest search engine in the world, it’s clear how this can happen. Many videos appear at the top of search results for targeted keywords. Keep in mind that having a company YouTube channel is important, but you can also see this boost in SEO by optimizing the landing page on your business website.
- 77% of marketers are using keyword tagging effectively on YouTube, providing a number of entries when people search for content. (Crazy Egg)
- Having a video compared to just text will almost triple the average number of linking domains. (Shareaholic)
Will the Current Trend Continue?
Explainer videos are everywhere on the internet, as business owners have discovered the power of video marketing. Now that we’re well into the digital marketing era, the question to ask is whether or not this trend of attracting and converting prospects easily with video will continue. Here are some stats that should help address the scalability of explainer video marketing:
- Video on Demand (vod) by consumers is expected to grow double by 2019 (Cisco)
- Half of advertisers have reallocated their budget from TV to digital video. (AOL)
- By 2019, 80 percent of consumer internet activity will be watching videos. (Cisco)
The data clearly shows that business owners and marketers around the world plan to implement more video into their sales campaigns in the coming years, and for good reason. The right explainer video can expand your reach, attract new prospects, wow current customers and help increase revenue.
Click on the banner below to receive 35% off an explainer video.